WordPress is a Content management System or content management system developed in PHP language. It is a software application in the cloud that helps you manage the contents of your website. This is text, videos, images, animations, illustrations, etc.
WordPress allows the user to work from any device. In addition, it allows you to integrate other external domains for your website. If you want to know more about the domain of a web page, we recommend you see our article What is a domain and its benefits included in this blog.
Since its inception in 2003, WordPress has remained the leading CMS. This is mainly due to its intuitive nature and its easy handling for the user.
Why WordPress is so successful
1. Great ease of use. WordPress is very easy to use. It has a very intuitive interface. Users use it to create new web pages, blogs and even online stores.
2. We can use it from any device. This saves the user time, since they can manipulate their website from any geographic location.
3. The user does not need programming knowledge to use WordPress.
4. Improve the SEO of our website. WordPress has a good reputation among the different search engines. Its code is clean and simple. This helps the reading and indexing of web content. In addition, WordPress offers tools to improve the SEO of your page. An example of it is the WordPress Yoast SEO plugin, which helps you identify if your published article would be well positioned and if it is not it explains how to improve it.
6. Customizable design. Despite the fact that WordPress offers us many templates, these are customizable. This allows us to create an original and fresh website that captures the customer.
7. Simple integration for external domains.
8. Large number of plugins at our disposal.
9. Adaptation to your business idea.
10. Multiple users. It has the option that several people can manipulate WordPress with different permissions. This is the case of Marketing agencies that have several departments and each department publishes different entries on its blog.
In short, WordPress is very successful because it is intuitive and very accessible software.
WordPress.com and WordPres.org are free. The difference between them is that WordPress.com works great for beginners, but it’s not exactly the best tool for monetizing your business. Instead WordPress.org is a version where the user can control most of their website and take advantage of the most advanced plugins.
Although WordPress is free, to create your website you will need a hosting. There are both paid and free. The paid ones can range from $ 3 a month to $ 100 or more a month. This will depend on what you want to achieve with your website.
What can I do with W P
A common misconception of WordPress is that it is only used to create blogs. It is true that it started as a blogging platform, but this has already changed drastically in recent years. In WP you can create all kinds of web pages, even beautiful e-commerce.
Next, we leave you a list of types of websites that we can achieve with WordPress. The list is infinitive, but these little annotations help us get an idea:
Web ratings sites.
Websites for self-promotion.
Websites to get donations.
Media types accepted in WordPress
WP supports all categories to share on your website. This is images, documents, audio video … You can upload files such as .jpg .png .gif .pdf .doc .mp3 .mov. avi, etc.
In W P SEO is everything
One of the reasons WordPress is so successful is that it has SEO built into its platform. WP automatically generates title tags and meta descriptions for each and every one of your pages. This helps search engines index your content.
What does blogging do in WP?
As we said before, WP was born as a platform specialized in creating blogs. To this day, it has changed a lot and is used for much more. Still, it can’t be compared to the competition for WP’s awesome blogging engine. And it is that, although it is no longer his specialty, it is still used in web pages to increase their SEO positioning.
Benefits of using W P
Adaptable to any website.
Compatible with other media.
Easy to learn
We can manage it ourselves.
SEO comes first.
Everyone is using it and it works.
Needless to say, the team of professionals at GMOL Solutions knows how to use WP perfectly. In our portfolio You can view the web designs that we have made to several of our clients who have been delighted.
Creating a website requires a lot of time, dedication and experience. If you want to get your business off the ground and make yourself known on the web, we can help you. Contact us and we will make your wish a reality. Trust professionals, trust GMOL Solutions .